• Sweep first to get rid of any sand, dust and dirt
• Use a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar
• Use cleaners (and confirm with an expert from Elegant Floor Service before you start cleaning that it’s ok to use) that won’t leave residue
• Do use a slightly damp towel or sponge for sticky spills
• Call your professional flooring company when you want to go deeper with your wood floor cleaning – procedures vary depending on the finish of your floor (for example, never use wax on a urethane finished wood floor!)
• Use a wet mop or a soaking wet paper towel or rag to clean your wood floors (excess amounts of water can actually cause your floor to expand and maybe even crack!)
• Use chemical cleaners or oil soaps on your wood flooring (this might prevent you from being able to recoat later on down the road)
• Wax a floor or put chemicals on it until you know how it was installed and what kind of finish it has.
Designer Showroom Of Texas proudly serving Austin, Sunset Valley, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Lakeway, Briarcliff, Lago Vista, The Hills, Bee Cave and all surrounding areas.
← return to main news page